Chia has great nutritional value, as well as anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Not only does it contain healthy oil and protein, but it also has high concentrations of phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, iron, calcium, zinc, selenium, and vitamin B12 (cobalamin). Bananas are excellent for digestion, promote tissue growth, and help to maintain healthy blood pressure. Kiwis are packed with vitamin C and fiber, and they also have diuretic qualities. Almond milk, on the other hand, is rich in vitamins and minerals and promote healthy skin.
This recipe is great for a healthy weight loss diet, since it combines ingredients that will make you feel satisfied with few calories and lots of nutrients.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 tsp chia seeds
- 1 large, ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (+ more for adding in morning)
- few slices of kiwi
- optional: added maple syrup or honey for extra sweetness
- To an airtight container or mason jar add your mashed banana, rolled oats and also chia seeds.
- Top with almond milk, maple syrup then added sweetener (if using) and stir.
- Close top and give it a good shake to ensure everything is well-mixed.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- In the morning add additional almond milk to thin out (if desired), transfer to cups and top with additional sliced banana.
- Decorate with a slice of kiwi on the rim of every cup.